Fund For Teachers
About Fund For Teachers
Fund for Teachers strengthens instruction by investing in outstanding teachers’ self-determined professional growth and development in order to support student success, enrich their own practice, and strengthen their schools and communitiesFor more information click here.
“Impact the future” video
How To Apply
You can access the Fund for Teachers application here.
- Be employed full -time as a PreK-12th grade teachers and spends at least 50% of their work week in direct instruction with students in a classroom or classroom-like setting.
- Intend to return to the classroom in the consecutive school year; and
- Have at least three years teaching experience as a PreK-12th grade teacher
Fund for Teachers makes available many resources in the Application Learning Center. Here are links for specific tools, as well.
- Tips for Writing a Fund for Teachers Proposal –
- Online Application Technical Guidelines:
- Scoring Rubric:
Benefits of Participating
- Develop new instructional strategies
- Return to the classroom with primary source materials; Create new and enhance existing curricula
- Gain global perspectives
- Cultivate professional relationships with other educators
- Learn about the culture and language of their students
- Serve as role models for students and colleagues by taking on new challenges
- Deepen mastery of content areas
We awarded 4 applications (4 teams totally 9 individuals) for a total of $18,598.
We awarded 3 applications (3 individuals) for a total of $8,576.
We awarded 1 application (Team of 3) for a total of $15,000.
We awarded 3 applications (3 individuals) for a total of $12,589.
We awarded 2 applications (1 Individual and a Team of 2) for a total of $8,389.
We awarded 6 applications (5 Individuals and a Team of 3) for a total of $31,289.
We awarded 5 applications (4 Individuals and a Team of 2) for a total of $27,310.
We awarded 6 applications (5 Individuals and a Team of 2) for a total of $26,624.
Nationally, Fund for Teachers has awarded $32 million in grants to nearly 8,500 of America’s top educators over the past 19 years. FFT Fellows have traveled to 152 different countries on all seven continents. Fund for Teachers honors the professionalism of dedicated teachers and values their judgment as to what best impacts their practice.